HEAD OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Location: Home-based / London
Salary: Dependent on experience
Closes: Friday 5th July 2019
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced fundraising professional to grow our organisation and ensure that our work, ideas and goals are widely recognised and respected.
This new role is an exciting opportunity to work in a small start-up environment and drive our organisation forward to fulfil its mission, which is to design new and better ways of helping learners of all ages succeed.
Working closely with the Director, you will raise the profile of EDSK – both our brand and our research – and secure new income from a range of different sources. You will be responsible for expanding our profile, impact and revenue streams by building relationships with external partners (both individuals and organisations).
The responsibilities of the Head of Business Development include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying, securing and managing new short-term and long-term income streams through leveraging your existing relationships as well as seeking new fundraising opportunities
- Securing funding for, and delivering, a programme of high-profile events and conferences related to our research projects and organisational goals
- Acting as an ambassador for EDSK with our stakeholders, supporters and potential partners
- Assisting the Director with building and maintaining our relationships with policy and political stakeholders, including ministers and shadow ministers, political advisors, Select Committee members and the House of Lords
- Keeping up-to-date with developments in the education and skills sector
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience (minimum of three years) in business development, fundraising or a similar role
- An impressive record of developing, implementing and managing fundraising activities and outcomes
- Excellent networking and stakeholder management skills
- A good understanding of Parliament and British politics more broadly
- The ability to use their own initiative and work autonomously in a fast-moving environment
- An interest in the education landscape (e.g. schools, colleges, apprenticeships and universities)
This role is initially a 12-month contract with the possibility of extension.
It is available as either a full-time or part-time position. If you wish to work part-time then please inform us of the days / hours you are available to work in your application email.
Interview / start date: Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.
Application details: Please send a CV (maximum two pages) and a covering letter (maximum one page) outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase ‘Job application’ in the subject line.
If you have any questions about this role then please contact email@example.com for more information.